Home

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rob's Favorite Quotes, Albums, Childhood Dish

Lexpressfr just posted the interview they did with Rob recently. Once again, he lets fans learn more about a side of him we rarely get to hear about. Thanks to Sonia for translating.


Young English actor, star of the Twilight movies, he's the hero of Water For Elephants for now, while we wait for his part in Cosmopolis, the new Cronenberg...


If you were a place… If you were a place, the area of South Bank, in London. Between the Hayward Gallery, National Theatre and all other activities, I'm never bored. I would also say New York for the breathtaking skyline formed by the buildings and the fast pace of the city, whatever the time of day.

A cartoonist… Ralph Steadman, illustrator of the hilarious texts of Gonzo Highway from Hunter S. Thompson. His simple but disturbed stroke never leaves me indifferent. The other reason is, perhaps, that I can draw almost like him!

A childhood dish… Boiled eggs with salt on the side and toast at your fingertips. Inevitably, this makes me feel like a Saturday, when my mother was making this for me. I’m a bit nostalgic of this time.

An animal… An elephant. It is an smart and calming animal. They have an incredibly dexterity. I learned a lot from her while working on the film. I would also add the giraffe, since I had the opportunity to play with a baby giraffe barely bigger than me. Their black tongue surprised.

An era… I am a big fan of music and clothing style of the 1960s. Whether in England or the United States, I like everything from that time.

An album… It is difficult to choose one. I give you my top 5: Night Train by Oscar Peterson, One Love by Bob Marley & The Wailers, Moondance, Van Morrison, Abbey Road, Beatles, and Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), the Wu-Tang Clan. They all talk to me in their own way.

An artist… The cannonman at the circus. I like the risk. I love having the feeling of flying. Being a beard lady, I would not mind either. To avoid having to shave!

A book… Money, Money by Martin Amis. I read it when I was 15, I read it hundreds of times since then and it always makes me laugh. Amis has managed to create a world that is both funny and abrasive. I’d love to play John Self, the depraved hero, who's without illusions, he created.

An essential garment… Without hesitation, the underwear: it’s really the only piece you need! That and sunglasses, which are an accessory that I love! At home, I am constantly in that outfit.

A quote… “Mistakes are the doors of discovery”, by James Joyce. A smiliar one: “A man can be destroyed but not defeated” by Ernest Hemingway. Both remind me that our biggest mistakes are the experiences we learn the most from. Hope to improving give everyone the desire to live the next day, doesn't it?

via Robsessed

1 comment:

  1. Nonono me mato la prenda jajjaaj tiene razon igual! pienso asi :B jajajja ai dios que hermoso que es lo amo!

    ReplyDelete