Home

Friday, October 28, 2011

Magazine Wrap: Rob Talks To OK, Cineplex, & Star Club

OK magazine (Philippines)

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Cineplex

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Star Club (France)


1) How was the last day on set?
This last day in Canada marked a break from the two previous weeks that were horrible and sad when it came to the weather. It was so cold. For the last day, we finally had some sun and it was nice. Then for the last scene, we got to film on a beach, facing the ocean. There are worse work conditions.

2) How was the mood on set?

It was really nice. There were more than a hundred people for the last scene, which was great. I’d already done my biggest scenes with Kristen so we were able to relax. Like I said, we had nice weather so it was a nice way to end everything.

3) How do you feel now that everything is over?
I don’t really realize it. I’ve been part of this journey for a while now and it didn’t register yet with me that it’s almost over. Even if we finished shooting, we’re still promoting the movie, it’s being talked about so I’m still immersed in it. Maybe in a year, I’ll have moved on.

4) Are you worried of being pigeonholed as Edward?

Yes and no. it’s true that by playing Edward, I played a character that is atypical. It’s not every day you play a vampire. I know that people compare me to him a lot & that there is a risk of only getting offered vampire roles but in the last 2 years I’ve played in other movies that were from a different genre.

5) Would you like to produce? 
Why not but I’d rather work in screenwriting, I don’t feel ready to tell stories yet but rather help others put theirs into form and go inside their universe. I like that a lot.

6) In the fourth film you become a dad, was that weird? 
Not really, holding a baby isn’t too hard. Now playing a dad isn’t something you prepare for it's definitely something new when you’re not a father but you star to react naturally when you hold a baby in your arms. You feel like protecting it. But when Mackenzie Foy started playing Renesmee (our daughter) older, it was weirder. I told myself, ‘we have a 11 years old daughter.’ *laughs*

7) Are you living a dream?
I’m living a life that I would have never even dreamed of. Even though in some ways, it helped me become the adult that I am today. I’ve met people that share the same passion and this is amazing. Working with people who invest themselves as much as I do into their work is wonderful.

Only for Star Club
The scene that marked Rob the most is the birthing scene. Indeed, like his character in the book, he has to open her open with his own teeth. Even if it was fake, he’s still not over it. He still asks himself today if the baby that I was in the scene wasn’t traumatized as well.

The BIG question!
Do Edward and Bella finally have sex?
It’s so funny how people constantly talk about this scene. Like in the books it’s an intimate and sensual moment and maybe the scene in the movie won’t meet people’s fantasies! It’s crazy; I don’t think there’s ever been as much hype in any other movie about a sex scene.
And don't miss director Bill Condon's interviews with Moviefone and Hit Fix, where he talks plenty of Rob and Breaking Dawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment