Home

Monday, April 12, 2010

Robert Pattinson in 'El Escolar' Magazine (Uruguay)

@sammiebiscomb shared with us the pictures and translation of 'El Escolar' magazine issue with Rob. We've heard most quotes in interview, but thanks for translating Samantha so everyone can read it!










Robert Pattinson
“When I saw Taylor, I said, now I have to go to the gym.”
In “New Moon” the second installment of the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, the romance between a mortal and a vampire reaches a new intense and dangerous level, and it reveals a conflict that will haunt Bella while the story continues. Now, the movie is on DVD around the world, and the “Twilight Mania” continues. As the vampire who has millions of girls melting at his sight around the world, Robert Pattinson, has been working non-stop since the first movie “Twilight.” At the press conference of “New Moon” in Hollywood, Robert spoke about stuff with journalists.

Q: Which characteristics do you have in common with your character Edward?
A: I SUPPOSE THAT THE STUBBORNESS, IN SOME THINGS. I AM QUITE OBSESSIVE WITH THE THINGS AND POSSESIVE TOO.

Q: Are you a romantic person in real life? What was the most romantic thing that you’ve done?
A: I HAVEN’T DONE MANY ROMANTIC STUFF IN MY LIFE!

Q: “Twilight” has made you one of the most famous actors in the world. How did this change your career?
A: I’M STILL A LITTLE BLIND. PEOPLE OFFER YOU JOBS THAT YOU NEVER DREAMED OF BEING OFFERED BEFORE, BUT IT’S SCARY TOO BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE TO AUDITION FOR ANYTHING. IT’S A SITUATION WHERE IT’S SCARY TO BE IN, IN MANY WAYS.


Q: With all the encounters with fans that you have had, has anyone of them had something that made you laugh?
A: YEAH, MOST OF THE TIME. I ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING FUNNY WHEN OLDER PEOPLE COME. THERE WAS THIS WOMAN WHO CAME TOWARDS ME THE OTHER DAY, AND SHE WAS ABOUT NINETY YEARS OLD. AND SHE SAID THE EXACT SAME THINGS 12 YEAR OLDS TELL ME. IT’S PRETTY COOL.

Q: Do you value Edward much more in every movie?
A: WHEN I READ “NEW MOON”, I HAD IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO INTERPRET HIM IN THE FIRST MOVIE. IT’S THE SAME IDEA IN WHICH I CONNECT, AND FOR ME HUMANIZES EDWARD TOO. IN THE FIRST ONE IT STILL STANDS, FROM BEGINNING TO END, LIKE AND IDEAL CHARACTER. BUT, IN THE SECOND ONE, HE MAKES A MISTAKE WHICH IS RECOGNIZED BY EVERYONE, INCLUDING HIMSELF. SINCE I READ THE BOOK I ALWAYS LIKED HIM AS A CHARACTER, AND I’VE BEEN TRYING TO INTERPRET THE SAME FEELING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIES.

Q: If there was a fight between Edward and Jacob, who would win?
A: I DON’T KNOW. I THINK THAT THERE’S THE FACT THAT EDWARD WOULD WIN, THAT IS IF I READ THE BOOK CORRECTLY. SO, I THINK I COULD HOLD ON TO THAT BECAUSE OF MY EGO.

Q: And if it was a fight between you and Taylor Lautner?
A: I HEARD THE OTHER DAY THAT TAYLOR HAD ACCEPTED A FIGHT WHERE THE JOURNALIST WAS GOING TO FIGHT WITH HIM. I WOULD HAVE NEVER ACCEPTED TO DO THAT. AND AFTER SEEING TAYLOR’S VIDEOS PRACTICING MARTIAL ARTS FROM WHEN HE WAS NINE YEARS OLD, I WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING, REALLY.

Q: How was Taylor’s physical transformation?
A: I DIDN’T SEE TAYLOR UNTIL JUST BEFORE STARTING TO SHOOT “NEW MOON”, AND WHEN HE CAME BACK, I HAD THE SAME REACTION AS EVERYBODY ELSE. I WAS LIKE, “MMMM…. NOW I HAVE TO GO TO THE GYM.”

“ECLIPSE” PREVIEW
In the third installment of “Twilight” the plot gets more passionate and we now see Bella faced to new dangers. In the middle of this, she is forced to choose between her relationship with Edward Cullen and her friendship with Jacob Black, knowing that her decision has the potential to start a new fight between vampires and werewolves. Besides, she is about to graduate and she is faced with her most important decision in her life. All of this is just a part of what you will see in “Eclipse”, on June 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment