Home

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jacob Jankowski is ninety. Or ninety-three.. 'Water For Elephants' Gets Going!

UPDATE: And we're officially dead. Thanks to PopSugar. Hellooo Jacob!


The day has arrived!, production begins today on the film adaptation of Water For Elephants.


The script is based on the novel by Sara Gruen, and we can't wait for Rob to take on the role of Jacob Jankoswski for which he's sporting a new look. These are the first pictures of Rob, crew, and Rosie on set today!







The film also stars Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz. Here's a little bit of what you can expect, in Rob's words:

"It's set int the Depression era, when circuses traveled by train and this guy runs away and jumps on a train to be a hobo and by accident, he doesnt realize it's a circus train. He becomes part of this world because he has no life to go back to and ends up falling in love with the ringmaster's wife, played by Reese Witherspoon. The ringmaster just happens to be kind of a schizophrenic as well. He's a most charismatic and terrifying person. He's Christoph Waltz from Inglourious Basterds. I did a read through yesterday with him. He was sitting right next to me. It was a little terrifying."
Earlier this week we got a first look from Fillmore, CA of some of the rail cars and other props that will be used during filming. And don't forget to follow director Francis Lawrence (@Hibbits) on twitter, for updates from the set. He just gave us a BIG one this morning:

                                                         "1st shot of WFE completed!!"  



Of course you can count on us to bring you set updates as we get them!

Photo Courtesy: Karen Lindell, PopSugar, Socialite Life, INF, Bauer-Griffin.

13 comments:

  1. They are going to have a great time on the film :) have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias yvettt...Le deso toda la suerte del mundo a mi Rob en este film se lo merece :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the comment;;;
    which one was terrifying, the actor, or the role he plays?
    Poor Robbie...is he going to get beat up again, as he did in Remember Me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, is it beutiful beutiful!!!! i Go ----> Robwoski :)

    Yvet, Thanks for update

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for Rob but I hated this book. But I think I can last two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really loved this book. So I'm looking forward to the film. Also love all the actors in the leads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the book and certainly when I read it thinking of the casting - I could see it all! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm always excited to see Rob in a new role!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live about 40 minutes away from Fillmore, I should take a drive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' it!!!
    can't wait!! :D
    Rob is lookin gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's About time for a road trip...I'm willing to drive a couple of hours...lol...

    ReplyDelete