Home

Friday, June 4, 2010

Writer's Squee-Worthy Moment, And How Did We Miss It?!

Imagine my surprise when I was going through one of my google alerts, and stumbled upon a cool little story of a Chicago writer and the day she met Rob by chance at a New York bar. Rob was there filming Remember Me last summer and.. okay, okay, I'll let her tell you the story! (in case you hadn't heard it by now).


"Last week, I was one of the luckiest girls in New York City. So lucky that you probably won’t believe what I’m about to tell you…

At one of my favorite bars in New York City, Robert Pattinson finally found me. Ok not that lucky, but I did run right into him. And days later, I still can’t believe I can truthfully type that sentence.

I’m not going to tell you the name of the bar in order to avoid Twilight invasion and most importantly Pattinson evasion. But I will tell you that he is so much sexier in person that I can’t get him out of my mind. I was on the treadmill reading GQ, and I couldn’t bring myself to turn passed his photo in the issue. So I just stared at this photo (Click on the slideshow and the photo is number 8), while jacking up the speed and disbelieving that I really saw him in person.

Enough of my yearning, here’s the scoop…

I went to the bar after work for a couple drinks. I chatted with some other regulars there, while I waited for my friend Karina to get off work. After I met her, she thought we might as well just stay in the area and hang out where I had been earlier at our neighborhood spot. Was she right or what?

As we walked back into the bar, I fluffed my hair and checked out the rocker chic crowd to see if any cute newcomers had arrived since I’d left. I was standing at the crowded bar waiting to order a vodka tonic, when I turned around only to make eyes with the man, who is (or trust me, should be!) invading every women’s dreams, Robert Pattinson.

I bumped into the gorgeous Robert Pattinson

I whispered to Karina, she spotted him and we both managed to order our drinks and move out of his way without shrieking or fainting. Looking back, I have no idea how we managed to play it cool. He sat down with his friends (all guys and one girl, a blonde – couldn’t tell if they were romantic or not…), and the next time he got up to order a drink, I was right by him at the bar.

I like this bar because they play particularly great music, and figured that might be my most “natural” way to approach him. I leaned against the bar next to him. I checked out his outfit (Yankees hat, jeans, leather jacket) and took a moment to soak in the fact that I was standing next to one of the moment’s most coveted guys.

“Do you know how to get the DJ to play a song?” I asked him.

He looked up at me (ah!) but remained leaning down against the bar, and answers, “Yea, all you’ve got to do is flash him.”

I about fell to the floor. Oh my god. Did that just happen?

Now I get that reading his reply might sound a bit crude and out of nowhere, but hearing him say that to me was so unexpected, raw and sexy.

I think I responded with a laugh. I really can’t remember. I was enamored with him. Next thing I know, my friend and I were sitting with him and his friends. He talked to the girl a bit, but really didn’t talk much at all. He managed a refreshing sense of normalcy though, and if he wasn’t so fatally hot, he would’ve seemed like any other bloke at a bar. We didn’t ask too many questions, and didn’t even dare mention Twilight. Most of the time, I just tried to stare without him noticing, while chatting with his friends.

They said goodbye and left a couple hours later. At the time I was a bit relieved. Playing it cool for three hours and restraining myself from climbing across the table and kissing him was like turning down an invite to spend the night with Justin Timberlake –impossible.

On our way home, Karina and I screamed for about three blocks. Women of all ages have been stalking him all over town, and I not only happened upon him at a bar, but I flirted with him.

After my bizarre split with the Russian last week, Robert Pattinson was the most seductive and satisfying rebound ever. Here’s hoping for a second run in and more importantly a proper (or maybe not so proper!) snog".


Was that the cutest chance encounter story or what?! oh and by the way, this is the article that led me to that great find. It's about the Twilight makeup. Who knew there were Team Edward inspired eye-shadows..

1 comment: