Home

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Russell Brand Talks About *That* VMA Moment in 2008


While we have yet to forgive Russell Brand for cutting off Rob mid-sentence at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2008, reading what led to the moment at least makes us understand him a bit more (not really):

On his absence of appreciation for the “Twilight” movie series during his VMA hosting stint in 2008, when his interruption of Robert Pattinson onstage rankled “Twilight” fans: “I don’t know much about ‘Twilight,’ right? So when they said (using a dull American accent), ‘Hey Russell, we need you to introduce the guys from ‘Twilight.’ I thought, ‘What? Twilight?’ I thought it was a breakfast cereal. They were talking about it like it was very important. ‘The Twilights are here! So be very careful!’ But it was the first time I’d ever heard of it. I didn’t know it existed. Robert Pattinson, he’s like super-important. They introduced me, ‘Russell, this is Robert Pattinson.’ I was like, ‘Which one? I don’t know!’ But to someone who is between the ages of 12 and 20, he is super important! He’s like Elvis! But I don’t know the context, and if you were to go to me, like (using a dull Bulgarian accent), ‘This is Bulgaria’s No. 1 pop sensation, Shizmet! Russell, you want meet Shizmet?” Wow! Shizmet! … I don’t even know if there is a Shizmet. I might have just invented him.”



No comments:

Post a Comment